– WANT TO WIN A BUDGET FOR YOUR NEXT WEB SERIES?
– MAKE A PILOT FOR A SCRIPTED WEB SERIES
– ENTER YOUR PILOT INTO THE RAINDANCE WEB FEST DAILYMOTION PILOT COMPETITION
– AND YOU COULD WIN £2500 AND POST PRODUCTION FACILITIES
In association with leading video platform Dailymotion, Raindance Web Fest are hosting a web series pilot competition to find a future talent of web series. The winning pilot will win a £2500 award from Dailymotion towards the production of their series as well as post-production help courtesy of Dailymotion’s state of the art Paris studio.
The winning pilot will win £2500 towards the production costs of their web series courtesy of Dailymotion as well as use of up to 20 hours post-production facilities at DailyMotion’s Paris studios. Once the series has been produced, the series will also be featured on Dailymotion’s homepage to kickstart the process of audience building and development.
The winning pilot will be screened and awarded during Raindance’s British Independent Series Awards presentation on Sunday 28th September at the closing of the Raindance Web Fest.
ESSENTIAL INFO AND RULES:
1. A submitted pilot must not be more than 5 minutes long including credits;
2. Only scripted pilots will be accepted – we are not looking for documentaries or music videos;
3. The submitted pilot cannot have been released online or broadcast prior to the Raindance Web Fest. This includes film festival or any public exhibitions. Submitted pilots cannot be first episodes of already existing web series or repurposed short films;
4. Pilots can be from any country around the world. However non-English speaking pilots submitted MUST include English subtitles burnt on screen and not as a separate subtitles file;
5. Although we are looking for new pilots that have been created and made within the 6 week competition period, Raindance will accept pilots filmed anytime during 2014 provided they meet the criteria above;
6. Submitted pilots must be sent to email@example.com via WeTransfer, MyAirBridge or similar;
7. Submitted pilots can only be accepted in H.264 MP4 format;
8. From 15th September the submitted pilots will be posted online on the Raindance Web Fest Dailymotion channel and embedded on the Raindance Web Fest website for all to see and vote. By submitting your pilot, you agree that Raindance Web Fest has an exclusive right to host the pilot on Raindance’s Dailymotion channel (http://www.dailymotion.com/RaindanceWebFest) for the period of September and October 2014 and a non-exclusive right after October 31, 2014. Copyright in the pilot remains the property of the creator/submitting party at all times.
9. Filmmakers are encouraged to get their audiences to vote for their pilot on Raindance’s Dailymotion channel whilst Raindance’s jury will also be assessing the pilots and voting as well. The winner will be awarded by combining the public score with the jury’s score. In the event of a tie, the jury will have final say.
Monday 28th July – Competition opens for submissions
Friday 12th September 6:00pm British Summer Time – Deadline for entries to have been received by Raindance
Monday 15th September – Public voting and jury voting begins
Tuesday 22nd September 6:00pm British Summer Time– Public voting and jury voting ends
Sunday 28th September – Screening and award presentation to the creator of the winning pilot
THE VIDEO PLATFORM:
Dailymotion is one of the biggest video platforms in the world with over 110 million monthly unique visitors (comScore, 2014) generating over 2.5 billion video views every month. comScore also rate Dailymotion as the most popular European site – across all categories – in the world.
Dailymotion offers a high quality user experience across all digital devices (computers, mobile devices, connected TVs and tablets) via one of the most powerful video players on the market in order to showcase the best content from users, independent content creators and official partners in the media and entertainment industries all over the world.
Dailymotion provides free access to live content such as cultural events, sport competitions around the world or breaking news as it happens, and allows its users to watch free or on-demand movies, series or creative and exclusive programmes from an international catalogue of tens of millions of videos.
Dailymotion is available around the world in 18 different languages and 35 localised versions featuring local home pages and local content.
The competition is not open to employees and associates of Raindance, Raindance Film Festival, Raindance Web Fest or Dailymotion.
Click here for full Terms & Conditions.