Raindance invites you to submit a short Virtual Reality 360 film this year.
To submit use Filmfreeway and upload a youtube link of your film. The other submission formats do not support 360 video at this time. Maximum length of submission is 45 minutes.
To upload a VR film
Create a 360-enabled file with an app
- Download 360 Video Metadata for Mac or Windows
- Install the app
- Select the video file
- Select the tick box for "Spherical" and click "Save as".
- Name the video
- Save the file (a new file will be created automatically in the same location as the original)
- Upload the video to Youtube
- Wait for the 360-degree effect to process (this may take up to an hour)
For the best results, encode your video at a high resolution and according to YouTube's advanced specifications. YouTube currently supports 360-degree videos with 24, 25, 30, 48, 50 or 60 frames per second. We recommend uploading 16:9 aspect ratio stitched videos in 4K (3840x2160) resolution.